Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Half Birthday...

...To Me!


6 months have passed. Another 6 months to go. Given that my half birthday is right around the New Year, it seems appropriate to review resolutions...


The resolutions I had made on my 29th birthday are as follows:

1. Be present for family and friends. - Check

2. Laugh a little more. Not worry so much about wrinkles. ;-) - Check

3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. - Check. I'm just as surprised as you.

4. Limit the caffeine. - I've given up the addiction to Starbucks. But as mentioned before, it's simply been replaced by an addiction for another coffee place. Does it count that this other coffee place has the best cappuccinos in the entire city? And the cutest barristas? Didn't think so...Ok, so still working on this one.

5. Start the projects I have been talking about for years now. - Half Check. I started (and maintained) this blog. I've made progress on the self employed project. Still need to work on the non-profit and that Oscar worthy script. ;-)

6. Travel. Reclaim old places. Discover new ones. - Another half check. I have discovered new places. I haven't reclaimed old ones though. Next trip: Chi-Town.

7. Eat my veggies. - Check!

8. Save enough to buy a place soon. - The market is not going my way. Don't know if this will happen by my 30th birthday.

9. Get organized - from closets to checkbooks to important contact information. - I've been bad. Still nowhere near as organized as I should be.

10. Quit my addiction to bottled water. Go aluminum. - No aluminum yet but I have the Brita and that has drastically reduced my bottled water usage.

11. Follow through. In every sense. - I hope so. I think I'm doing well on this front.

Only one new resolution to add to the list courtesy of a dear friend: Pursue Me.

This is a hard one because this means putting myself first. And believing that I deserve it.

Oy.


No comments: