Wednesday, January 7, 2009

wtf

I hate to be such a negative nancy but wtf.
We are only 7 days in to the new year and I feel like a steam roller has passed over me a few times already.

I came back to work on Monday from my staycation - on my Half Birthday - to find that something extremely important had fallen through the cracks. I did my best to fix it but unforutunately it's one of those things that is unfixable. I haven't touched my planner. It's not even the middle of the year and I'm already slacking on using the planner! I thought I was being all responsible by shopping around for life insurance since I'm going to hit the big 3-0 soon. I figure it makes sense. Apparently, in the insurance world, I'm ALREADY 30! After a person's half birthday, insurance companies round up. That was my birthday present as I went to see the insurance lady on Tuesday - the day after my Half Birthday. Today is Wednesday. Only Wednesday.

And it's not just me. I feel a lot of people around me are making their way through some challenging times. If this is how it is just a week in, I don't even want to think about what the rest of the year has in store.

I am usually very good at seeing the silver lining on the cloud. But I am TIRED. I don't want to make the effort to see the silver lining. This is me whining. I would just rather there not be a cloud. Clear skies. Sunny day. Everything going my (and my friends') way.

But this is me we are talking about. No matter how many times my little heart gets trampled, it gets right back up and falls for the cute boy next door. Same goes for my optimism.

So - aside from the usual blessings I thank the Lord for bestowing upon me and my family like health, food, shelter - I do have much to be thankful and blissful for...

I was emailing back and forth with my mom and dad today at work. I took a step back and surveyed the situation...I'm used to emailing with dad but my mom emailing is the cutest thing in the entire world!
I made a new friend recently. She was going through a rough patch and I happened to be there and we've gotten close.
Another friend has found herself in a pretty wonderful situation and it warms my little black heart to see her so happy!
I have a job. It's a doozy. But I do have a job.
I just tried a new way of making bhindi and it is fantastic - if I do say so myself.
In my panic-y state on Monday, I found solace in lots of fantastic friends. I reached out and they reached right over with advice and comfort.
I have dinner plans at a friend's house tomorrow night.
I have so many amazing trips and events to look forward to this year.
I'm planning a trip to India. I'm going home.

Hmmm....not bad.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

And you have an absolutely tremendous number of people who love you dearly.

RM said...

Take a deep breath and keep the faith. You're (not quite) 30 and (way beyond quite) fabulous--with an exciting year ahead!! Don't let these ultimately minor hiccups cramp your spirit.

Noopur said...

how could you say "negative nancy" and "wtf" in the same sentence? GEEZ.