Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Madness

Mondays are hard enough. And after the perfect Sunday I had yesterday this particular Monday was even harder. It was tough getting out of bed, getting to work, sitting through work, so on and so forth. As you all know, I'm a planner extraordinaire (heavy sarcasm there) and decided some time ago that Mondays would be the perfect day for my session with the personal trainer. Why of course! Makes perfect sense! Put my body through excruciating pain at the end of a day that already sucks. Really? Really.

I was this close to cancelling on him today. But I do love him dearly. He's terribly good to me. He's patient. And deals with my craziness. That's hard to find. Plus I figured a boost of endorphins could spruce up my Monday a bit. And wouldn't you know it, I feel great. At least for now.

Come Wednesday, it's going to be an entirely different scene. The last session (two weeks ago) I felt for an entire week and my arms didn't stop hurting until two days ago. Two days ago! So if we do the math, I was sore for almost two weeks. Really the man is a genius. I was cursing him, mind you, the entire time but deep down, I know, he's a genius.

Not only are the sessions therapy for my body but he's so much fun to talk to. He's like the cool big brother. So it's like body AND soul therapy all wrapped up in a lovely gym towel.

He gave me homework to do which I will totally do, um, everyday. Really.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Yay for Nate! Good luck with a shorter duration of agony. But truly, everyone should have a little Nate in their lives. Yeah, maybe I should call him...

I'm glad you love him, though. He's amazing.