Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Shower

At this moment I am pretty much in heaven. It’s Sunday late morning. I have finished my inaugural made it myself meal at the new apartment and am looking out the window at a gorgeous gray blue sky.

The day started out bright and sunny. I picked up my morning cappuccino and walked to Trader Joe’s to get groceries for the week. Bought a very regal looking orchid to keep me company as well. Was inspired to make breakfast and what started out as a simple sunny side up egg with toast turned into home fries with red onion and red bell pepper, spelt toast with cheese on top toasted in the pan alongside two sunny side up eggs, crispy on the bottom and smooth and velvety on top. (Recipe to follow shortly).

And given that I still have zero furniture (I did purchase a fantastic rug this weekend though!) I ate my wonderful meal sitting on the floor with the plate resting atop a stack of magazines – the top most being the Special Green Issue of Marie Claire, naturally. Part of the reason why it’s taking me forever to find suitable seating for the place is because I like the idea of minimalism and using what you have.

While eating my breakfast, the city was hit with a brief thunderstorm. Nothing major but enough to cool the place down. The air now smells of fresh earth – like how it smells just before or after a rain shower. It’s one of my favorite smells because it brings back a host of wonderful memories. The rain is on and off now and there is a cool breeze coming in through the windows. I love overcast weather. It’s another one of my favorite things.

So it’s late Sunday morning, my belly is full with yummy goodness and I’m looking out the window at an overcast and gray blue sky. It’s bliss.
Now I’m off to do some cleaning and contemplate a name for my orchid.

No comments: