Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's My Birthday!!!

My apologies for being away for so long again. But I was busy getting ready for my 29 and 1 Month Birthday. And here we are!



So the big plans for today are...drum roll please...to pack for my move to my apartment and enjoy a fabulous meal with my family prepared by my amazing mother.

My present to myself when I turned 29 was a faboo gem of a place in the city. It’s less than a half mile from my office, it’s across from a park and it’s in a young and energetic part of town. Now mind you, it’s a glorified studio. It’s billed as a one bedroom but really it’s a glorified studio.

Nonetheless, it’s cozy, cute and I love it!

This past weekend I went shopping with my parents and have been reluctantly packing the past few days. Why reluctantly you ask? Because I am going to miss my family. They drive me nuts but that’s their way of loving and I’m going to miss it. Who would have guessed? I’m only an hour away and can easily get home but it’s not the same. This doesn’t mean I’m having second doubts about the move. I’m definitely moving and I am definitely excited about it. Just caught off guard that a part of me is sad too.

So let’s review this past month and see how far I’ve come with my resolutions:

1. Be present for family and friends. - Check
2. Laugh a little more. Not worry so much about wrinkles. - Happy to say, check.
3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. - Um, have hired a personal trainer. Who I've seen once. But will be seeing again this coming Monday. I'm working my way up to it!
4. Limit the caffeine - Yeah, failing miserably at this. I think at least one day this week I had two grandes from Starbucks AND a Mocha Frappuccino. WTH???
5. Start the projects I have been talking about for years now. - Check, check and check. There are quite a few projects that I was afraid had taken up permanent residence in my brain. In that they never wanted to leave, to come out and make themselves known. However, I have made headway on two of them thus far and will be posting on that shortly!
6. Travel. Reclaim old places. Discover new ones. - Not yet but I'm not discouraged.
7. Eat my veggies. - Check!
8. Save enough to buy a place soon. - Not yet. But will become a budgeting diva in the coming months.
9. Get organized - from closets to checkbooks to important contact information. - With the move, this is in progress.
10. Quit my addiction to bottled water. Go aluminum. - Partial check. I've renewed my vows with Brita. I purchased one for my apartment and am quite happy with it thus far. I will be ordering the aluminum bottle this week.
11. Follow through. In every sense. - Check.

No comments: