Tuesday, July 8, 2008

29 - Day 4

I didn't think I'd be back so soon. But seems this blogging is quite addictive.

I spoke with a dear, dear friend today. She called and instantly my day was brighter. I was happy to hear her voice. I hope I get to see her soon.

Today I got to sit in on a writer's workshop. It all happened by chance. One of the regular participants was unable to attend so I was asked if I'd like to take the spot just for today. I did. And it was brilliant. For 3 glorious hours I was surrounded by talented people discussing every aspect of writing from getting the idea, to writing it, to publishing it and everything else in between. I feel my creativity coming out of hibernation. And it feels good.

Current quote floating through my head:

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

2 comments:

pokerface-problem said...

hi beautiful,

hearing your voice is always a pleasure. here's another quote that i ran into recently, made me think of you, of me, of us, of our beloved friends.

"am i to be cursed forever with becoming
somebody else on the way to myself?"

--audre lorde

Anna said...

Blogging is addictive! I am happy to see you fell into the same trap I did. It's good for you. Cathartic.