Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Resolutions

For me, my New Year is my birthday. As such, that is when I make my resolutions. But before we get to that, let's take a step back and reflect on the trials and tribulations of 28, shall we?

28 was a rollercoaster ride - this may very well be an understatement.

I am grateful for all the experiences I had last year. Good and bad. I learned humility, the meaning of friendship, the importance of family, what it means to truly love yourself, strength of prayer, when and how to ask for help, and that you can love someone with everything you have and still not have it work. And that's ok. It hurts like hell. But it does get better.
And if I ever doubted it before, I never will again: I absolutely believe in miracles and guardian angels and that greater power, whoever/whatever it is.

So with 28 safely tucked away I welcome 29.

The resolutions for my 29th year are as follows:

1. Be present for family and friends.
2. Laugh a little more. Not worry so much about wrinkles. ;-)
3. Exercise at least 3 times a week.
4. Limit the caffeine - now that Starbucks has started their free refill program this could be trickier than originally anticipated.
5. Start the projects I have been talking about for years now.
6. Travel. Reclaim old places. Discover new ones.
7. Eat my veggies.
8. Save enough to buy a place soon.
9. Get organized - from closets to checkbooks to important contact information.
10. Quit my addiction to bottled water. Go aluminum.
11. Follow through. In every sense.

I write this as I sip on my second grande coffee from SBUX. We'll start on that resolution tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anupma said...

Love it.
YAYAYAYYAYAYYAYYAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]]