Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm 29!

Technically I turned 29 on the 5th...but was engaged in birthday revelry so was unable to get to the blog until today. The inspiration for this blog comes from an article I read some time ago regarding a young 29 year old who took it upon herself to do something interesting each day leading up to her 30th birthday. Very carpe diem. Very fun.

My idea is slightly different. Instead of every day, I am planning on doing something on the 5th of every month leading up to the big 3-0.

For July 5th, my best girls were in town. I spent the weekend barbecuing with my family, shopping, and watching fireworks. My sisters made me a fantastic chocolate cake that I devoured. And I started this blog! Blogging is something I've been meaning to get involved with. 29 began with lots of laughter, lots of great food, and lots of love. Here's hoping there's more to come of each and then some.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I hope you like it here. I think it's a great thing you are doing. I hope you find it's constructive.

Just always remember, you are loved very much.

Pardon the cheese. I like cheese... in all forms :)

Unknown said...

Yay! I love the idea of doing something special on the 5th of every month. I guess I've already started doing that. I spent my birthday with family and the 5th of July with my dearest friends.
I look forward to hearing/reading all about your new adventures!
Ditto what Anna said about the love. and the cheese. and the love of cheese. :)

DD said...

Yay! I can't tell you how excited I was to see that I had 2 responses. 2 responses! I can't log in at work - just view the blog so it was such a tease because I could see that there were 2 responses - but I couldn't read the responses.

Thanks again for coming last weekend. I was so happy to have you both here. Next trip will be to the new apt!

Beth Anne said...

well- what's on tap for the next 5th?