Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fridays

The parking lot attendant was beyond chipper Friday morning (yesterday). In fairness to him it may very well have been me. I hadn't had my caffeine yet, I was running late, and I knew that I'd have to work during the weekend. My Fridays are not like everyone else's Fridays. I don't enjoy it as much as I used to because I know it's not the end of my work week. You know it's bad when you look forward to Jury Duty. The office can't touch you that day. Ah bliss.

Hopefully this working on the weekend situation won't last much longer because it is seriously cutting in to my summer fun.

Typically I wouldn't complain. I'm the type of person who eats, breathes, sleeps work. I like it that way. But lately work has become 'less than'. The only way to get through the week, I have found, is to take up other things.

Once a week I have my writers workshop (I found out last week that she had a spot for me after all!). I took a knitting class a few months back and am working on yet another scarf because that is the only thing I remember how to make. I'm organizing an event for the nonprofit I volunteer for. And I'm reading a ton. Mostly chick lit. Don't hate. It balances out the very serious reading I have to do for work. I heart chick lit.

I should write one:

Geeky, heartbroken, corporate, undercover hottie stumbles upon corporate espionage scheme while toiling away at the office on weekends. Confides in hunky heart throb boss who she secretly is crushing on. Realizes later that he already knew about said scheme because he was in on it. Other teammate who she despises is actually the good guy and undercover FBI agent. In uncovering the scheme, boy falls for girl. Girl still despises boy. By end of ordeal, girl falls madly in love with boy after he saves her from the clutches of heart throb boss. Boss gets banished to office in Alaska. FBI boy returns to FBI land. Girl quits job and goes from geeky, heartbroken, corporate, undercover hottie to no longer heartbroken, major CNBC corporate communicator, and in your face hottie.

FBI boy and CNBC girl live happily ever after.

Sigh. If only life were so.

No comments: