Tuesday, November 25, 2008

All I want for Christmas...is you!

All I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey is by far my all time favorite Christmas song. It's on right now. I realize that we have not made it to Thanksgiving but I can't help it. I'm a sucker for Christmas songs.

I need something on in the background while I cook. So Christmas songs it is. I'm cooking for my friend who is coming to stay with me tonight. He's flying in for Thanksgiving at the house on Thursday. He's going to hang out in the city tomorrow and then we will head out to the burbs after I get out of work.

He is my oldest friend, literally. Our parents knew each other before we were born back in the motherland. We went to school together, I left to come to the States and now he is traveling the world for work and every once in a while finds himself Stateside. So we get to benefit by having him around every once in a while. He recently got engaged. While I'm sad that he's leaving me all alone, I am obviously incredibly happy for him. And definitely ribbing him about it because he swore up and down about two Thanksgivings ago that he would never get married. At least not anytime soon.

Right.

No comments: