Monday, November 17, 2008

Grand Master Plan

I'm one step closer to taking over the world. I met with a business lawyer today and it was positively exhilirating! We talked shop over lunch. He was kind enough to answer all of my questions thoroughly and patiently. Awesome.

I left with a clear sense of the steps I need to take in the coming months to get the business launched.

I do all of this with mixed emotions. It will be hard for me to leave my firm, and not just because of the comfort of that biweekly paycheck. I've been fortunate enough to work with and learn from some amazingly brilliant and talented people - many of whom will be friends for life as they have supported me in both a professional and personal capacity. Given the recent turmoil in the markets, however, it's becoming harder and harder to defend and believe in the actions of my firm. It's not the same place I started with. The firm, and the industry as a whole for that matter, has changed materially and in my humble opinion, not for the better.

I am pretty much scared senseless at the prospect of going out on my own. I can't imagine doing anything else though...I've been wanting this for a long time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is exciting! Maybe a little scary? I'm so glad that you believe in yourself enough to take such a big step. We're all here for you. You've come a long way, baby!