Thursday, November 13, 2008

Grr

I love my city. I do. But sometimes, I feel it doesn't love me back.

I have been searching high and low for an investment club in town, an organization for women in Wall Street in town, South Asian events (aside from whatever is at the museum) in town. No luck. DC and NY seem to have the market cornered for these types of events. I love DC. I appreciate NY. I'd rather stay in town on the weekend though! I'd rather work and play here and have my friends visit me to check out something cool (aside from me, of course!).

My city doesn't want me to stay. :-(

I am all for starting it myself. I love that. My Type A personality gets to come out and play. It would be nice to have someone else leading the way though and all I have to do is join the party.

I have been searching long enough that if I haven't come across these organizations yet, I have a feeling I won't ever.

Grr.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I know somewhere that you can come be loved!!

It's monochromatic, but still. Actually I think we have a fledgling group similar to what you're describing. They just have to include entire continents, not just regions of it, in order to have enough people. :-P