Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Txt Msg Dtng

When did it become socially acceptable to ask a girl out on a date over TXT MSG?!

Is this the new thing? Do girls actually say yes? Call me old fashioned, I much prefer the PHONE. You know, that thing that blasts off an annoying noise a few times throughout the day? And when you pick up you hear a voice on the other line? Like an actual human voice. Gasp. Yeah, the phone you carry around with you - it's not JUST for texting. Or emailing. You can actually use it for its original purpose. As a PHONE!

Seriously, if you want to ask me out on a date please call me. No email. Definitely no text. Use the phone. Pick it up. Dial the numbers. Call. And if you are reading this blog you are close enough to me to know my number. No excuses.

Oh, and if you happen to know of a smart, funny, eligible man who knows how to use a phone please tell him to call me.

Kisses!

3 comments:

Anna said...

OMG ROFL! And whatever else. Did someone actually do that? When did that become socially acceptable? I didn't get the memo.

DD said...

OMG Yes! Twice over text. Once over email. I guess I can deal with email but I can't handle text. The improper spelling, lack of vowel usage, awful grammar. I could go on for days.

There's this Sci Fi movie with either Bruce Willis or Schwarzeneger...or some 80s action hero. Anyways, he's been sent into the future. The man and the woman are in the woman's apartment, clearly a love scene is about to ensue, she sits down on the sofa, puts on a head piece and starts making out - virtually! This is where we are headed.

I refuse.

Kristin said...

The movie you're looking for is "Demolition Man" with Stallone. I had a laugh at your expense at that one.

This texting thing irritates me somewhat. When will we hear about a man texting "WLL U MRY ME"?

There is some romance and charm lost to technology for certain.