Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yay Holidays!

I love this time of year.

I live across from a small park. I've seen the leaves change color, turn a vibrant firey hue and start to rain down from the trees. I've seen them cover the ground and fill the air as the wind whips them around. The air is getting colder and smells of firewood burning. The snow is sure to show up soon.

On my way home from work tonight I saw them putting the lights on the trees in the park across from my apartment building. Decorating the city has officially begun for the holidays. It puts a smile on my face. The store windows are being decorated too with snowflakes, elaborately wrapped presents, pine trees and shiny, sparkly things. I can't wait for the first snow fall. I will be cursing it right quick - the minute I realize I have to walk in it to work. But for those first few moments I will have a smile on my face as I stare out at the white stuff falling from the sky. The holidays also means Charlie Brown and various other Christmas classics on TV. Watching these shows always brings out the kid in me as a strong wave of nostalgia passes through me.

Yay Holidays!

No comments: