Tuesday, December 9, 2008

29 and 5 months later...

So much to share with you! Where to begin? Let’s start with the review of the concert. I went to see The Dan Band. Many people had no idea who I was talking about when I told them whom I was going to see but once I mentioned that they were the band from the movie Old School their faces lit up with recognition. I’ve never seen Old School but I’ve been told that I should. The concert was good. Not great. But good. The company was awesome and for me that’s all I need. We started the evening at a Chinese restaurant that is quite the institution here in town – very high AQ! A few rounds of hot sake (yes I know that’s not Chinese but I’m not going to complain) later, we were ready to jam out to covers of 80’s songs. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your preference, they didn’t play much 80’s music. I was sad…clearly I prefer the 80’s style of rock and roll. Although they did do an awesome rendition of Total Eclipse of the Heart. It’s stuck in your head now isn’t it? :-)

All in all though it was an interesting experience. I fell. Par for the course as of late. I was turning and tripped over a guy’s foot. I’m good. No harm done. We took the party back to my neck of the woods and danced the night away at a club. Great night. They played bhangra! That pretty much sums up how fantastic of an evening I had!!!

And it was my 29 and 5 month birthday to boot. Perfection!

I had a very early train to catch the next morning. 5:15 am to be exact. I went from the party to my apartment, threw a few things in my bag and caught a taxi to the train station. I made it within ten minutes of departure and the second I sat in my seat I was out until about 10 am. My train pulled into South Station at 11:15 am and I was headed to my bestie’s apartment a few short minutes later.

The rest of the weekend consisted of lots of drinks, great food and lots of laughs. I had such an awesome time. My bestie turned 30! In all honesty, to me she doesn’t look a day over high school. We’ve known each other since we were 14. She’s family. When I’m with her, and my other bestie who was with us this past weekend, I feel young and happy and supported and strong.

I hope I make them feel the same way too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do make them feel the same way. :)
Did you get the thing you lost back?
btw, going to try your kichidi recipe tonight (it's dreary and supposed to rain, I need comfort food). I may be calling you for help!