Friday, December 5, 2008

The Men In My Life

I’m going to a concert today. Thing is, I’m not a concert person. I prefer the comfort of my apartment over some noisy venue with obnoxious people whom I don’t know bumping into me. I can get that for free at a bar. So why pay for it? Unless it’s Jack Johnson. That I would pay for. And Dierks Bentley. Sigh...

Growing up I went to two concerts. Both Oasis. The first because my friend really wanted to go. The second because the opening act was a Brit band that I really wanted to see – Cornershop. Remember them?

Since then, nada. And I don’t feel that I’m missing anything. So why now? Well, obviously it’s because there’s a man involved. Two men actually. One is my managing director who will more than likely make me cry today because that’s just how he is. And make me stay late to finish work because, again, that is just how he is. I was scheduled to go out of town tonight but given what is most definitely going to happen today, I will need to participate in some uplifting activity. Just so happens, the other man is part of the uplifting activity. He’s been asking if I’m going to this particular concert for a few weeks now and I’ve been saying no the entire time because, as mentioned, I was planning on going out of town. Given all the high stress in my life at the moment I figured why not. I can take the early train Saturday morning.

Remember, life is a series of stories. Hoping tonight turns out to be a memorable one. Will write a review on the concert – wink, wink – tomorrow. Stay tuned!

No comments: