Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Habits

My uncle once told me that it takes seven days to make or break a habit. I have just about that much time left in my stay-cation. Following are a few habits I am going to make a concerted effort to make and break during this week:

1. In bed by 9:30 pm.
2. Up by 6 am.
3. Go to the gym twice a day. I already go once but have noticed that it takes twice as long for my body to respond to the workouts - curse getting older! So, I figure I should go twice a day.
4. Eat a healthy dinner by 7 pm.
5. Actually open my mail the day I get it instead of letting it sit on the counter for weeks collecting dust and eventually resulting in late payments - bad, I know.
6. Yoga at least twice a week.
7. I seriously need to lay off the caffeine. I've quit my addiction to Starbucks. (Yay!) I've simply replaced it with an addiction to another coffee shop. (Sigh.)

2 comments:

Anna said...

There is no logic in #3 whatsoever, I am afraid. Your muscles need at least 24 hours to rebuild and heal after a workout. Exercising too much will do more harm than good. And it will make you a bore. Just sayin.

DD said...

It'll make me a bore? Really? Hmmm....ok.