Tuesday, September 9, 2008

29 and 2 months

I didn’t do anything to celebrate my 29 and 2 month birthday. I didn’t even realize the day had passed until I was driving back home from my friend’s pre-wedding festivities on Sunday. September has been an exciting month though. Lots of big changes have happened thus far so maybe I can cheat a bit and say that I’ve been celebrating a little bit each day. When you add it all up, it’s like one big celebration. Ok, let’s go with that.

I decided to take a big step in my career. I have always wanted something of my own and this month I made a serious commitment to make that happen. Once I finalize all the details I will share!

A piece of my heart is getting married this month. I cannot wait for the wedding! The festivities, as mentioned above, started this past Sunday. I had a fantastic time. I saw old friends, had great food, and experienced being in a “shaadi ka ghar” (the house where the wedding is taking place). All the family comes together, everyone pitches in and there are lots of things going on at the same time. It’s magical. Really.

The Hills is back on the air. Yes, we need to take a moment to mention that The Hills is back on the air. Don’t hate.

My sofa arrived! I have a place to sit in my living room as opposed to flopping on the floor. It’s beautiful. Just what I was looking for. Now if I could only decide on a bed.

I am the proud owner of a beautiful juicer. This means nothing to you – I know. For me, however, it is the beginning of crazy amounts of fun and I cannot wait to get started. O and I have already planned out a juice party. Yes, we’re major geeks like that which is why we are madly in love.

My first party at the new place has been planned. There have been many impromptu ones but this is the first planned one. It’s a big deal. And…it’s going to be a pool party! I’m attempting to stretch out summer a bit longer. The party is scheduled for later in September. I am worried that it may be too cool for the pool. We will have drinks to warm us up, though. And juice! ;)

Not bad for being just 9 days into September.

No comments: