Thursday, September 11, 2008

Indian Auntie in the making

I have a tendency to overcook. Maybe it’s the Indian Auntie in me trying to get out. It doesn’t happen with other cuisines – just Indian food – and it’s because with Indian food I don’t follow a recipe. I throw in whatever my mom stocked my pantry with.

The other day I made Rajma and Chawal (Indian version of rice and beans). It was way too much. I ate it for three days straight. I love Rajma and Chawal but not that much.

Also it’s hard to cook for just one person. I just made Khichdi (rice and lentils cooked together as opposed to separately). I only cooked one cup of rice and one cup of daal. I will be eating it all week. I have no one to share it with. I love cooking and do have a tendency to go overboard.

I must plan some more parties.