Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bollywood in my city

Believe it!

A few weeks back my sisters alerted me to a movie shooting going on in the middle of the city. They were driving home with my parents and the road they normally take was blocked. I walked down to catch a glimpse of some stars - Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Christiane Bale, oh my! - and to my surprise who do I see??? Indians!

Bollywood had discovered my fair city. Brilliant! They were shooting an action shot so no fancy dance moves to check out. The hero was Mukesh's grandson - I have no idea what his name is. Suffice it to say, he's not Abhishek. Swoon.

And then, a few days later I was walking back home during lunch and passed a fancy hotel and who was hanging out outside under the canopy??? More Indians! This time I recognized the actor - Irrfan Khan. He's tall! And looks exactly like he appears on screen. I totally should have gotten his autograph.

Looking forward to figuring out which movie they were shooting...

No comments: