Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm back - for real this time

I wish I had a fantastic story to share with you for why I have been absent for nearly two weeks. Visiting the Motherland, swimming with sharks, hiking up the Himalayas. Unfortunately I got nothin’. Life just caught up with me and I needed to step back from a few things, like this blog. And I missed it so! I drafted posts in my head as I sat in meetings, while I walked between the office and home, during my showers. Pretty much every single moment I had I was thinking of posts for this blog. I have some chicken scratch on a piece of paper – bits and pieces of ideas that need to be fleshed out.

I’ll give you a teaser:

Coffee – I haven’t had it in nearly three weeks. About the time that I’ve been in my new place. I haven’t increased my intake of tea either. If anything that has come down considerably too. And I have to tell you, I have never had so much energy ever. I am a little worried that coffee is to me what alcohol was to Fun Bobby on Friends. I feel I’m just no fun without it. Coffee that is. I’m definitely fun with alcohol. On the flip side, I have been getting a lot done to the extent that I’m a little weirded out…like I’ll be walking down the street and just fall over because my body quits on me. Thus far we’re good. No falling over. At least not while I’m sober. ;)

Apt – Feels like home. Finally. I’ve been cooking up a storm and slowly the apt is filling up with furniture, books, magazines, odds and ends and lots and lots of laughter and memories.

My city – Feels like home. It’s been long overdue but there you have it. I was the biggest hater. All of you know how big of a hater I was. I still don’t know whether I will stay here forever but I will most certainly come back. Always. And when people ask where I’m from, it’s this city that I will refer to. This place holds a very special place in my heart as it’s given me a great deal. I even have a theme song! Switchfoot – This is Home. (Thanks G & B!) I’m super corny. We know this…let’s move on.

The Universe – A dear friend of mine always talks about The Universe. Send messages out to The Universe and be open enough to pick up on the messages The Universe sends back. The Universe has been sending some pretty strong and clear messages regarding the Career/Work aspect of my life.

Philanthropy – I don’t want to wait until I have boatloads of cash to start. I want to do it now. And I have a few solid ideas that I’m excited to get started on. Anyone interested is more than welcome to jump on board.

Second chances – You get them.

No comments: