Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Teej

Today is Teej.

It’s a Bihari thing. Married women fast all day long for the health and well being of their husbands. Now by fast I mean no food and no water. The entire day. So from the time you go to sleep until you break your fast at sunrise the day after – almost 36 hours. AND while you are fasting you are cooking and baking sweets that you will break your fast with.

You thought the women would be resting comfortably while they fasted all day? Pssshhhaaaah!

I bet a man thought this up. That was super snarky. But seriously, who’s fasting for the women?

I will be fasting today even though I’m not married. For my Mommy. (Love you Mommy!)

I filled up on tons of food and way too many brownies yesterday. And I will not be working out today. (Don’t tell my trainer).

No comments: