Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I don't understand why people are mean

That's it. That's the entire post. I don't understand it so there's not much to expand on. I've mulled it over in my head. I've turned it around a few times and I got nothin'.

I understand that people have bad days. I understand that people say things they don't mean. I even get when someone does something to hurt a loved one more than once. But apologies follow. And flowers and chocolates and whatever else works. And one assumes that the mistake wasn't all that bad. I don't mean to preach because I'm not perfect. I've said things, done things (repeatedly) that has hurt those around me. And I apologized. Profusely. In some instances it worked. In others it didn't. I've made my mistakes and learnt from them.

But to intentionally and repeatedly hurt someone. I don't get that. Isn't there much more you could spend your time doing that has good karmic value and contributes to society's well being in some way, or your own for that matter, than purposely trying to hurt someone?

No comments: